Words to keep inside your pocket:
- Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade - a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral - lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux - a love letter.
- Redamancy - act of loving in return.
What is cooking?
It is science, chemistry, with grams and degrees measured out, the color of flame carefully regarded.
it is art, and sculpture, with a goal in mind but no clear path beyond ‘a dash of this and that’ and a slight change in the angle of blades.
it is music, the sizzling of oils, dangerous clatter of knives and the dance of water creating harmony.
it is athletic, with circular strokes and lifting and twisting iron and steel. Precise, strong movements.
It is the culmination of mankind’s ability to make something as simple as eating to survive, into something beautiful and complex.
A better question is:
‘What is cooking not?